Oak Hill Classical School admits students from families who profess the historic Christian faith. The following statement of faith describes the minimum understanding of and subscription to Christian belief required of parents enrolling students in the Academy.
The statement of faith adopted by Oak Hill Classical School is limited to primary Christian doctrine, which is considered to be central to all Christian denominations, and which sets Protestant Christianity apart from other faiths. For our purposes, a Christian is one who has heard the word of truth, Gospel (Col. 1:5), as summarized in the statement below, and who has responded to that message in genuine repentance and faith. He confesses with his mouth and believes in his heart that Jesus is Lord, that He died for his sins, and that God raised Him from the dead (Rom.10:9,10).
- We believe the Bible alone to be the Word of God, the ultimate and infallible authority for faith and practice.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is omnipotent; that is, He can do all things. He is omnipresent; that is, He is present to all creation and has under His immediate authority all things which are in Heaven, in the earth, and under the earth. He is omniscient; that is, He knows all things. He readily exercises His power which is present everywhere, and to Him there is nothing that is impossible or unknown, that is, He knows what has been from eternity, what now takes place everywhere, and what will be to all eternity.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary.
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith alone.
- We believe that faith without works is dead.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved to the resurrection of life and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus.
As a member of the Association of Classical Christian Schools (ACCS), Oak Hill Classical School subscribes to the ACCS statement of faith, which is found in that association’s by-laws (essentially the Apostles’ Creed and the first two chapters of the Westminster Confession of Faith).